Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year!

"This year, mend a quarrel. Seek out a forgotten friend. Dismiss suspicion and replace it with trust. Write a letter. Give a soft answer. Encourage youth. Manifest your loyalty in word and deed. Keep a promise. Forgo a grudge. Forgive an enemy. Apologize. Try to understand. Examine your demands on others. Think first of someone else. Be kind. Be gentle. Laugh a little more. Express your gratitude. Welcome a stranger. Gladden the heart of a child. Take pleasure in the beauty and wonder of the earth. Speak your love and then speak it again." ~Howard W. Hunter

I saw this quote as a friend's facebook status the other day, and I thought it was fitting as part of a New Year's blog post.  2012 was a pretty wonderful year for me and my family.  Here's a recap:
  • Mandi and TJ had a new baby - Blake!

I'd say 2012 is going to be a hard year to top... but I know some wonderful things are in store for us in 2013!  I'm looking forward to celebrating our first anniversary, wrapping up a large project at work, moving into our beautiful new house, and having more adventures in the Hudson household.  On that note, I have set some goals for the year.  Here are a couple of them that I wanted to make "public" so I can be held accountable :-)
  • Run 300 miles during the year.  Jen is going to do this with me too.  I am trying to figure out a good way to keep a running tally on the side of my blog to track my progress.
  • Read my scriptures every day including reading the entire Book of Mormon by the end of the year.  Jen and Matt are both doing this one with me.  It was kind of fun to read with Matt last night - I'm looking forward to that time together each day (even if it's only a few minutes!)  It's so much easier for me to complete my goals when I'm working on them with someone else.    Jen and I read the Book of Mormon in 2011 in 3 months, and then we read it again last year too.  We would check up on each other, which really helped.
  • Drink at least 48 ounces of water each weekday.  I stink at keeping myself hydrated.  Some days I will go an entire day without drinking anything except my morning protein shake.  I know I'm supposed to drink 64 ounces of water... if I can do 48 ounces this year, then maybe I can work on 64 next year!  Baby steps.
So, welcome 2013.  I'm looking forward to what's in store!

2 comments:

  1. I run with dailymile.com and you can make it connect to your blog and it will keep track of how far you have run during the year.
    You had a great year in 2012. I am so happy for you. That is so fun to meet up with your old roomates. I always wonder how Emily is doing and I miss Lisa. They were both and are great girls. I would love to keep in contact with them better. If you have a great way could you let me know or pass on my info to them and let them know I would love to catch up with them. Thanks.
    Excited to hear all about 2013 and see your house progress:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the dailymile suggestion - I just signed up and added the widget to my blog! I'll send you a private message on FB with contact info for Lisa and Emily.

      Delete