Monday, June 18, 2012

Happy Father's Day!

Father's Day was a little extra special for me this year... because I had one extra dad in my life to celebrate!  We packed the weekend with tons of fun activities to show "daddy" how much we love him.

We started off by heading up to Garden Valley.  After setting up camp, we headed to the range for some shooting.  Matt was super excited about his new steel targets.  I thought they were pretty cool too... you could always tell when you hit the target because of the "ping" off the steel!  It was fun to have Michelle, Joey, Andrea, Jen, and Brooke join us for the afternoon/evening.  As always, Matt is a great teacher.

We then headed back to camp and cooked dinner over the fire.

After dinner, we walked next door to watch Cinderella at the Starlight Mountain Theater (we camped right in the theater campsites).  Aunt Michelle took Kylee to meet Cinderella before the play.  Kylee was so excited to meet the "real" Cinderella!  I wondered how she would do watching the play, but she did great!  She seemed to really enjoy it, but was ready to leave at intermission.  It was nice that Matt and Joey had decided to skip the play and just sit around the campfire because I was able to walk Kylee back to camp, help get her tucked into her sleeping bag, and then walk back and enjoy the rest of the play with the girls.

After a decent night of camping sleep (Kylee did great!), we cooked breakfast, packed up camp, and headed home.  Here are daddy and daughter on Father's Day morning.  Kylee absolutely LOVED her first camping trip!  I am excited for more outdoor adventures in the future.

After heading home, catching up on our sleep, taking showers/baths, and heading to church, we enjoyed the rest of the evening visiting both my family and Matt's family.  I love that we can live so close to our family so we can enjoy these special days together.  I also love my dad, and am so thankful for him.  He truly is the best and I appreciate his love and support.  And the fact that he likes to play Word Feud with me :-)

And I couldn't finish this post without including one last photo.  A special thanks to Jen who took some amazing pictures of Kylee as a Father's Day present for Matt.  This last picture was a pose Kylee decided to do all on her own.  I love that it perfectly captures her personality.  I love this little girl!



1 comment:

  1. I can't stop looking at those pictures of Kylee! They are so cute. Jen did an amazing job. Camping looked like fun, glad you got some family time!

    ReplyDelete