Monday, January 7, 2013

Blog Makeover {Pages}

I've always loved the "tabbed" look of some of the WordPress templates, and just realized that Blogger also delivers this type of functionality - using Pages!  Not sure where I've been since this looks like it's been around for a while, but I decided to finally take advantage of it.  I wanted to clean up my sidebar since it seemed kind of "messy" to me, and Pages was the perfect way to do this.

There are instructions on Google Support for how to add stand alone pages (which can appear as tabs across the top of your blog), so I won't go into detail on how to add those, but I will share a couple other handy tips I found to format my tabs the way I wanted them.
  • Select a font for your tab text.  First, you need to select Customize from your template page.
  • Next, under Advanced, click Tabs Text and select the desired font, color, and background.

Once I had all my tabs added, they seemed a little "scrunched" on the left of the page.  I wanted the tabs to take up the entire width of my page.  I found this little snippet of code that I was able to add to my CSS to change my tab width.  I played around with the padding until the tabs worked with my blog layout.


2 comments:

  1. Why does this post make me wish we were neighbors? Because you are so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww, thanks Robin! I would love to be neighbors with you. As a matter of fact, there is an open lot on either side of our new house. Isn't it about time for you to move back to Boise (Meridian)?

      Delete