Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Giving Couponing a Try

I know that couponing has been the rage for several years now, but it just hasn't been my thing.  It seems like so much work to look through and clip coupons, and then remember to bring them to the store when you go.  And I was always under the impression that there aren't many things I buy that can use a coupon, since I mostly buy fresh foods (produce, dairy, meat).  Well, I've started subscribing to the blog Fabulessly Frugal in my Google Reader, and they do a lot of the legwork for you.  And I am realizing that I can save money on things I regularly buy, and not just stock up on things I don't need.

One of the things on Fabulessly Frugal that I like is they tell you when something is a really good deal (stock up price) by putting a red star next to it (I am awful at knowing what is a good deal).  So this last weekend, on my way home from the gym, I stopped by Target and used a printable coupon for $2 off four Dial hand soaps.  Target had reduced the price on their hand soaps to $1.16 each, so I snagged these for .73 each (after tax).

I still don't know that I'll go to five different stores just to get the best deals, at least not at this point in my life, but I am super excited about this deal on Chobani... Fred Meyer has a coupon for Chobani (my favorite yogurt) that brings the price to .80 each.  Tack on this coupon from the Chobani website and you can get them for as low as .50 each!!!  That's an amazing price.  I think they are usually $1.60 each at Albertsons (or something like that).  I will definitely head to Fred Meyer for this deal!

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, I'm the same way, I only buy produce and dairy and I DO NOT want to go to 5 different stores to cut a deal. But have you ever seen the show Extreme Couponing? They end up saving a $1,000 in one trip. Crazy. But if you go to coupons.com you can get milk and cheese coupons. Last year they were a $1.00 off, but at the moment they're only .25 off...fingers crossed they'll go back :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never seen Extreme Couponing, but that does sound crazy! I made Matt use one of those .25 off coupons when he ran to the store to get milk last week. He wasn't super happy about it, but I told him he needed to support me in my couponing effort :-)

      Delete