Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Mr. and Mrs. Hudson

I know, I know.  We've been married now for five days... it's about time I blog about the big day!  I had contemplated waiting until we get the pictures from our photographer, but those will need to wait for a later post.  Here's a picture to tie you over for now.
I can't tell you how many times I have been asked in the last few days how the wedding day was.  My answer is one word.  Perfect.  I seriously don't think the day could have gone better.  The day went like this:
  • 6:00 am - I get up and get ready for the day.
  • 7:00 am - Savanah does my hair and makeup... she helps me to feel beautiful.
  • 9:00 am - Matt picks me up and we drive to Twin Falls.  The driving conditions are excellent.
  • 11:00 am - We arrive in Twin Falls. We're a little early so we drive by our dinner venue.
  • 11:15 am - We arrive at the temple and prepare for the ceremony.
  • 1:00 pm - The ceremony begins.  We are surrounded by a wonderful group of family and friends.  The ceremony is beautiful... we are counseled to pray together as a couple, to attend the temple often, and to use the Proclamation to the Family as the topic for our next several family home evenings. I become Mrs. Matt Hudson!
  • 1:45 pm - We exit the temple... picture time!
  • 3:30 pm - Even though the weather is beautiful for February in Twin Falls (sunshine, no rain or snow, only a slight breeze at times), it's still COLD.  I am about numb, so we decide to end pictures 15 minutes early.
  • 4:30 pm - The doors for our dinner venue open.  The venue took care of all the setup and decorations.  It is prettier than I expected.
  • 5:00 pm - We start dinner - tri-tip steak, house salad, rolls, green beans, and mashed potatoes.  Everything is delicious.
  • 6:00 pm - We cut (and serve and eat) the cake.  The cake, by the way, was beautiful.  And tasty.
  • 6:45 pm - The last guests leave the party, and Matt and I head off to our hotel for the evening.
I didn't feel stressed or nervous. At. All.  Instead I felt excited, happy, hopeful, blessed.  I still can't believe how incredibly LUCKY I am that I got to marry Matt.  I am so excited for this next step in our lives together.  I am looking forward to the journey!

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are very happy and I am so glad! This new blog is a great idea! Congratulations on everything! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! You look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim, I am so SO happy for you! I can't wait to see more pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You both looked so happy! And you were such a lovely bride! I'm excited to see the pictures too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE IT!!!! The kids keep asking about our "friends that are going to get married" :) We are going to have everyone out again but maybe on a Sunday so Kylee can be here, too. :) YAY!!!

    ReplyDelete