Wednesday, December 26, 2012

And That's a Wrap!

As I wake up to a quiet blanket of snow on the ground this morning, it's crazy to think the hustle and bustle of Christmas has come and gone.  But I can tell you, this was my best Christmas yet.  Matt and I both feel so blessed to have two loving families that we were able to spend Christmas with.  Their love and support was overflowing.  As we traveled back and forth from our house to Matt's parents' house to my parents' house for the last three days, I couldn't help but feel lucky that we live so close to our families.  And as I watched sweet Kylee watch in amazement at the Christmas video message Santa sent her, squeal with delight when opening the smallest of gifts, and give hugs to all her 16 extended family members here in town while wishing them a Merry Christmas, my heart melted.  It was a merry Christmas indeed.

Here's a picture recap of our activities over the last few days.
  • We made Christmas cookies with some of my friends and their kiddos (instead of exchanging gifts).  Kylee's favorite part was licking the beater after making the frosting :-)



  • Matt's family has a tradition of going bowling on Christmas Eve day.  We spent that evening with my family for our traditional crab and prime rib.



  • And for the first time in years, we put out treats for Santa and his reindeer... so much fun!  Kylee left treats at my parents' house and at our house, and he left her stockings at both places!



  • Christmas morning was a blast.  Here is Kylee with some of her presents Christmas morning.  She loves her new tablet!  Funny story - a couple months ago when I asked Kylee what she wanted for her birthday and for Christmas, she said a pretend phone.  I was thinking of a plastic phone, which I thought that was an interesting choice since she already has one she likes to play with that came with her kitchen set she got for Christmas last year.  When I told Matt what she wanted, he helped me realize what Kylee really wanted.  When Kylee thinks of a phone, she thinks of a phone like Matt and I have... a smart phone that she can play games on and watch movies on (Kylee is always asking us if she can play with our phones).  Of course that's the kind of phone she wanted!  Hence, the tablet (which we got a great deal on the day after Thanksgiving)!




  • Matt and I got some awesome gifts... complete with an authentic blue turf door mat (watch for that in our next house!)  I was spoiled, and got several gifts off my Pinterest "Wishlist" board.
  • Matt and I ended Christmas Day with a trip to the movie theaters to see the Hobbit.  Awesome start to the three-part movie!

No comments:

Post a Comment