Sunday, January 13, 2013

Spiritual Enlightenment: Be Happy!

Sorry for the post overload today... but I was just touched by the talks in sacrament meeting today that I felt one more post was in order.  There were three talks - repentance, forgiveness, and being happy.  I enjoyed every one of them.  I felt kind of grouchy this last week, so a lot of what was said hit close to home.  The last speaker shared a list of ways to help us be happy.  I didn't grab a pen (crayon) and paper fast enough to get them all, but here were a few of the suggestions... or at least the gist of them!
  1. Live a simpler life and think constructively.
  2. Try to see the other person's point of view.
  3. Rule your mood.
  4. Give generously.
  5. Be interested in others.
  6. Live one day at a time.
  7. Keep close to God.
I would much rather be happy than unhappy!  I pledge to find the happiness in every day.  I will work hard to not "make a mountain out of every little offending molehill of word or deed" (President Hinkley).  I will do my best to forgive quickly and repent often.

Speaking of being happy... I sure love these two.  This is an old pic (from August 2011!), but I love it anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment