Sunday, September 9, 2012

Happy 60th Birthday Mom!


Ten years ago, a coworker of mine told me about a surprise birthday party she threw for her mom and about how she had put together a book of cards and memories from her mom's friends.  I thought this was the coolest idea and decided then that is what I wanted to do for my mom's 60th birthday... So, this summer I contacted as many of my mom's friends as I could to start collecting submissions for a book.  I had great response and had about 50 submissions and created a beautiful, heart-warming book for my mom.  This book wasn't only a gift for my mom, but I loved reading what people shared and felt it was a gift for me to learn about my mom through their memories!

I presented the book to her at a surprise birthday dinner with friends at the Old Spaghetti Factory.  She immediately started crying (as I knew she would!)  Happy birthday to my mom - I feel so lucky to be your daughter!

1 comment:

  1. Hey ! Awesome pics, it's nice post ,Happy Birthday dear. Thanks for sharing a beautiful moment for your family.

    60th birthday cards

    ReplyDelete