Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Blog Makeover {Post Signatures}

I think it's fun when I see that people have "signed" their posts, and I decided I wanted to add a signature to my posts!

First, I needed to create a "signature".  I did this using Paint.net.  I started by creating a new image, and then resizing to 100 pixels high and 250 pixels wide.  After clicking on the Text tool, I selected my color, my font (MA Sexy), and my font size.  I then clicked in the Background layer and typed my name!

I then cropped my image close and saved it as a PNG.  After that, I needed somewhere online to "host" my picture, so I loaded my signature into my Picasa Web Album.  From there, I followed the directions on Code it Pretty so that my signature is automatically added to the end of all my posts, including previous posts I've done.  The cool part about that code?  I can change my signature whenever I want and it will update on all my posts!

3 comments:

  1. Your blog looks awesome. I will definitely have to spend some time sprucing mine up. Thanks for sharing these tutorials :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think there are 6 more mini tutorials coming out over the next 6 days (I've written most of them and have them scheduled to publish).

      Delete
  2. The new design looks great! Nice work :)

    ReplyDelete