Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Gourmet Salad

I love a "sweet" salad, so it's no wonder why I loved the salad my mom asked me to make for Christmas Eve dinner.  I made it again this week, and loved it just the same, so thought I would share the recipe here.

10 – 12 cups mixed greens
½ pound white button mushrooms, sliced
2 ripe pears, thinly sliced
Fresh raspberries
¼ cup thinly sliced Parmesan cheese
1 lg carrot, thinly sliced
5 – 7 slices bacon, cooked and coarsely chopped
¼ - ½ cup thinly sliced red onion
Sliced almonds, candied

Dressing:
1/3 cup Pomegranate vinegar
3/4 cups sugar
2 T red onions, finely grated
1 T Dijon mustard
1 tsp salt
Pepper to taste
1 cups canola or olive oil

Directions:
For the salad – put mixed greens in a large salad bowl, top with other ingredients and toss. Serve with dressing.

For the dressing – Add all ingredients except oil in blender. Blend well. While processing, slowly add the oil and blend well. It keeps well in the frig for 1 – 2 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment