Sunday, July 15, 2012

Roommate Reunion 2012


I loved my four years at BYU, but I especially treasure the friendships that I made there.  Five girls in particular.  Every few years, my college roommates and I try to get together for a little reunion.  Since I graduated in 2002, we've met up a couple times - we met up in Boise in 2007 (minus Sunny who was in California for a wedding), in Utah in 2009, and then again just this week in Sun Valley.  I think it may have been a couple of the shortest two days ever... I needed at least twice that much time to get caught up with everyone!

We strolled through the Ketchum Arts Festival.

We ate delicious food:


We gave ourselves pedicures.

We did some shopping.

And of course we talked and talked and talked some more.  It's interesting to me how our lives have evolved.  We were all single when we first met and most of us hadn't had any major trials in our lives.  Now, in our group of six, we've had our fair share - a brain tumor, miscarriages, divorce, a stillborn baby, separation, major sickness during pregnancy, trying to raise kids with a husband in medical school, etc.  As we talked, we were able to console one another, lift one another up, share tips we've tried that have worked, share about the joys we've experienced, etc.  The last couple reunions, I've been the only one without a child, so it was fun this time for me to be able to relate to and contribute to some of the child raising experiences/stories.

I look forward to our next get together in two or three years, and will always hold these ladies in a special spot in my heart.

1 comment:

  1. Feeling so blessed and grateful for these special friendships and the chance to once again reconnect. Love you all!

    ReplyDelete