Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Lighting Updates

Well, we are all set to do our framing and electrical walk through next week, and then later this month we'll set up an appointment to meet with Builders Lighting to make our final selections.  Honestly, I think lighting is harder to select than most of our finishes!

I think we have decided on our outdoor lighting.  We want to skip the standard light fixture and go with recessed lighting under the eaves.  Kind of like this house:

I also like the landscaped "up-lighting" in the house above.  And I think we have decided to go with this lighting for the pendants above the kitchen island:
It's a little more standard than I was originally thinking I wanted, but some of you pointed out some really good points - like exposed lights being hard on the eyes and wanting something easy to clean.  And that's as far as we've gotten.  I think we'll pick bedroom lighting pretty quickly, but I'm still torn on what style I even like for over the dining room table.  Do we want a drum shade?  Or a chandelier?  Something traditional?  Or a little more modern?  And we have to select something that Matt wouldn't consider too girly (there are some that I like that Matt thinks are "froofy").  Anyway, here are some styles I am considering:

Well, that's it for now!  I'm sure some of you are getting tired of house posts.  The good news is only three more months of building posts.  Then will come the decorating posts! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment