Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Let There Be Light!

I got an email from the interior designer this week that we need to set up an appointment with Builders Lighting to select the lighting for our house.  In preparation for that meeting (that I still need to set up), I've been perusing their website to so I have an idea of what I want before we meet.  Man, there sure are a lot of different styles!  This is going to be difficult.  Here's some of what I've been looking at.

I don't think I want the typical "boob" lighting in our bedrooms (I didn't come up with that name, by the way - that's what they are being called online)... I'm a little more drawn to the drum shade lights.  Here are some that I'm looking at:
I'm a little more undecided on what I would like as a pendant over the kitchen island.
And of course we'll need to decide on outdoor lighting...


And then there is the dining room light, bathroom lighting, hall sconce lighting, etc.  Guess I'll keep looking (and pinning)!  I will also take votes and suggestions!

4 comments:

  1. My 2 cents:

    Bedroom #1 if you have tall ceilings
    Kitchen #3 - because bare bulbs hurt my eyes and that one is industrial but pretty and would be easy to clean, #4 is pretty but looks like it would be difficult to clean and in a kitchen you need lights that clean up nice.
    Outdoor - depends on what the exterior looks like but I am leaning towards #3

    Fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robin! I totally value your opinions! I hadn't thought about lights in the kitchen needing to be easy to clean, or about the fact that exposed lights would be hard to look at... I was just thinking about what would be pretty :-)

      Delete
  2. Good luck with all your decisions. It is so fun you are building a house. We are building a house and are suppose to move in in three weeks. We just picked out lights. I agree, you want ones that are easy to clean. I have always liked fans for bedrooms to help with air flow and cool things down. I am excited to see your house as it is being built.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you select ceiling fans for all the bedrooms? We are doing a ceiling fan in the master, and we'll have can lights in there, but I was planning regular light fixtures in the other bedrooms.

      Delete