Friday, December 28, 2012

Canvas Photos

For Christmas this year, Beki made our mom a new family photo on canvas.  It was beautiful and was almost indistinguishable from the expensive canvas print I had done for my parents a couple years ago.  So of course I wanted to see how she did it and make some photo canvases of my own!  Lucky for us, Aaron Brothers is having a sale with 60% off canvases.  I also got some large scale photos printed at Costco (two 11x14 photos of Kylee and one 20x30 family photo).

  • We started by painting the canvases (including the sides of the canvases) black.

  • One they were painted, we let them completely dry.

  • Once dry, we covered the front and sides of the canvases with modge podge.

  • As soon as the canvases were covered with modge podge, we adhered the pictures to the canvases, and then covered the photos with modge podge.  The photo will look cloudy, but the modge podge will dry clear!


  • And voila, a beautiful canvas for a fraction of the price!

Cost of this canvas project:

  • 20x30 canvas: $11.19
  • 11x14 canvas (2): $4.79 each
  • 20x30 print: $8.99
  • 11x14 print (2): $2.99
I used some black paint my mom had and some modge podge I already had in my craft supplies.  Total cost of project: $37.89


No comments:

Post a Comment