Saturday, December 29, 2012

I Have an Idea!

As I'm sitting here preparing my Young Women's lesson for tomorrow (entitled "How can I prepare to establish a Christ-centered home?"), I have been thinking about my sweet girl and about how Matt and I are trying to raise her in righteousness.  It's amazing how much she pays attention to and remembers, so we always have to be on our best behavior :-)  Here are a few stories or sayings that I wanted to capture.  A couple of these I've posted on facebook in the past, but I always get my blog printed into a book, so recording these here will help me have a permanent record.

  • Several weeks ago, I asked Kylee to get dressed while I went and took a shower.  She wasn't thrilled about getting ready for the day because she was watching a cartoon on television, so I brought her clothes out to the family room and told her she could change her clothes during the commercials.  The next week when I asked Kylee to get dressed, she excitedly told me, "I have an idea, and it's actually your idea.  How about if you bring my clothes out here and I change during the commercials."  Smart girl.  I couldn't help but chuckle.
  • One Sunday morning Kylee was playing with her princess dress up clothes.  She asked me if she could wear them to church.  Hmmmm......
  • This summer, Matt took Kylee on a hike up Table Rock. She loved hiking with her dad (and has asked to go several times since - we can't wait until it warms up!).  Well, one day this fall we drove past a church that had a large cross on top.  Kylee pointed to the cross and excitedly exclaimed, "That's where daddy and I hiked to!" 
  • Kylee recently sneezed, and then informed us, "I bless you'd in my coat."
  • When I was in Ghana last year, I brought home a beautiful carved wooden nativity.  Kylee helped me set it out this year, and we talked about each piece as she put it on the table.  She was really disturbed by one of the wise men, who was carrying something that looked like a machete.  She said, "That's not very nice.  He needs a wand." (the shepherd's "crook" was straight and had a star on the top, and looked like a wand to Kylee).  Every time I came out to look at the nativity, the machete would be missing, and I would find it and put it back.. except for when I packed it up to put it back in storage, I couldn't find it at all!  Maybe I'll find it when we move in the spring :-)

1 comment: