Saturday, November 30, 2013

Dear Tyler - [NICU Day 15]

Dear Tyler,

I love checking my email each morning to learn about your progress (daddy signed me up to receive daily emails from your nurses).  In this morning's email I learned that your day yesterday was much like the day before... you gained 1.5 ounces and took in 38% of your daily intake by mouth.  That makes me so happy!

Speaking of being happy, there were several people who were pretty happy to meet you today!  You got to meet your aunt Beki, uncle Bryce, and your great grandma and grandpa Hudson.  They all think you're pretty special.


Grandma and Grandpa Nye also came to visit and got to hold you for the first time.


I think all the excitement of visitors wore you out - you were pretty tired after your busy morning and weren't too excited about eating lunch.  That's okay.  We just cuddled while you took most of your food through your nose tube.  We'll work on feeding again tomorrow.

One other thing before I head to bed for the night... you have a new cousin!  Joseph Jayden (JJ) was born this morning.  Your aunt Michelle and uncle Joey are going to be awesome parents.  And isn't that great that you'll have a little boy cousin your same age to play with as you grow up!?!

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment