Friday, November 29, 2013

Dear Tyler - [NICU Day 14]

Dear Tyler,

I can hardly believe you're already two weeks old.  It's crazy to think that you've spent the last 14 days in the NICU.  You are doing so well that I'm getting more and more anxious to take you home.  I just want to spend all day with you and cuddle you any time I want to.  You sure like my cuddles.  When I put you back in your crib at the hospital after holding you, you get a little fussy and your heart rate increases so much that your monitors go off.  I told daddy that you are going to be a momma's boy :-)

Today you weigh 3 pounds 13.1 ounces... that's up 1.6 ounces from yesterday!  You are getting so close to that 4 pound mark.  I think you are being rewarded for eating so well.  You've been more alert during your feedings which is awesome, because you're able to take more food through your mouth.  Yesterday you took 38% of your food through a bottle, compared to 7% the day before.  I'm interested to see how you did today!  Unfortunately any milk you take in from breastfeeding doesn't count right now, so two of your feedings today will have 100% through your nose tube and that will kind of screw up your percentages.  Oh well!  I think it really only matters as you start eating more and more through your mouth.  When you hit 80% through your mouth you'll get to take out your nose tube.  Let's get there soon, okay?!

Love,
Mom

2 comments: