Thursday, November 28, 2013

Dear Tyler - [NICU Day 13]

Dear Tyler,

Happy Thanksgiving!  We sure have a lot to be thankful for this year.  I am most thankful that we are now a family of four and that even though you were born early, that you are healthy and doing well and have some great nurses watching over you.

I was able to visit you a couple times today, but this evening was extra special because your daddy and I got to give you a bath!  The nurses have given you sponge baths before, but I think this was your first tub bath, and I was excited that both your dad and I could be the ones to bathe you.  It was also neat because they took all of your wires off for your bath (minus the nose tube).  You had your bath under a warmer and then got a nice warm blanket to dry off with after your bath.  You seemed to like your bath for the most part... at least when you were all covered up!

By the time your bath was over, you were wide awake so I got to try breastfeeding you, and then you took a nice little nap laying on daddy's chest.  You both looked so comfortable.  Daddy looks forward to doing that even more when you come home (as do I!).

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment