Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Dr. Oz 3-Day Cleanse: Day 2

I am officially 2/3 of the way through my detox cleanse, and I have to tell you, I am looking forward to "eating" on Friday.  It is a little tough to only drink your food for three days, but at least there is plenty to drink.  One bonus on the timing of my cleanse - these three days worked out really well with my schedule.  Matt works all three days, and he can eat all his meals at work.  I only had Kylee last night (she is with her mom starting today), so I only had to worry about one dinner for her.  And I made it easy - Spaghetti O's (on Sunday she asked me if she could have "that soup with the circles in it" - weird because I've only fed her that once in the last 9 months)!  Needless to say, I wasn't tempted to eat her dinner at all :-)

Today I wanted to highlight my favorite of the three shakes - the morning shake!  Since you also get to pick your favorite as an afternoon snack, I'm "eating" two of these a day.  It consists of 1 cup water, 1 cup raspberries, 1/4 cup spinach, 1 T almond butter, 1 T flaxseed, 1 banana, and 2 t lemon juice.  I am using frozen raspberries because fruit is expensive right now.  After talking with Brandee, I'm thinking it might even be better with the frozen raspberries than with fresh because the shake isn't as runny.  This afternoon I also tried it with a frozen banana - I decided that was a little thicker than I liked it, so will be going back to a regular banana tomorrow.  My friend Robbin said that she added 1 T unsweetened cocoa and a little stevia and that it was really good.  I may try that with my afternoon snack shake tomorrow!

Here are the ingredients:

And here's the end result - it makes about 2 cups.


I felt a little hungry about mid-morning, but I think that may have been more mental than anything since I always eat a mid-morning snack.  I only stayed hungry for about 20 minutes and then was fine until lunch.

And the good news is that lunch only took me an hour to eat today - which, by the way, yields about 5 cups worth of a shake!  In fact, I wanted to add one more "lunch" picture before it's all blended - look how much food that is:

And even more good news, I was down 2 pounds this morning.  Fingers crossed for similar results tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment