Thursday, November 29, 2012

Dr. Oz 3-Day Cleanse: Day 3

I'm done!  I was almost a little giddy this afternoon thinking about the fact that I only had one shake left.  Like I said on Tuesday, I can do anything for three days.  But I'm glad this wasn't any longer than three days.  I am ready to eat some food.  In fact, for breakfast tomorrow morning I think I might eat the salmon that was leftover from Sunday dinner.  I have been eyeing it in the fridge all week hoping Matt would eat it so I wouldn't be tempted.  I know, it's not a breakfast food, but I'm not a big fan of breakfast foods anyway.

Well, today was day number three, and so I'll highlight the final of the three shakes - the dinner shake.  It consists of 1 cup blueberries, 1/2 cup mangos, 1 cup kale, 1/4 avocado, 1 T flaxseed, 1/4 t cayenne, 1 T lemon, and coconut water.  I was a little unclear in the "recipe" how much coconut water to use, but I ended up buying four 14 oz. bottles of the ZICO coconut water, and then using 1 1/3 bottles for each shake.  Also, like my raspberries, I used frozen blueberries and frozen mango.  These worked great for me.

Here are the ingredients:

And the final product (making just over 4 cups):

This shake is a little odd because of the cayenne pepper.  It makes the shake a little "spicy".  Kylee asked me for a sip Tuesday night - I first said no because it was spicy.  She asked again, so I let her have a sip.  She kind of wrinkled her nose, and then asked for some water.  I don't know if she wanted the water because it was spicy or because she didn't like the taste, but either way, I would have water nearby just in case the cayenne is a little much.  I love spice (although in this shake I thought it was kinda yucky) so the heat wasn't too bad for me.  All in all, though, it wasn't terrible.

A couple final notes as I close out my cleanse... I was down another pound this morning, hooray!  Not sure if I'll notice anything on the scale tomorrow, but if I do I will post an update!  Also, I've been asked if I have been tired at all.  A couple of my gym buddies mentioned they have been tired, but I've actually been okay.  I haven't noticed a difference in how tired I am or felt more sluggish.  In fact, I haven't really noticed a difference in how I feel at all.  I'm sure my body appreciates all the natural food though.  Especially before this weekend when I have Book Club tomorrow night (think we're going to a Cuban restaurant), Bunco on Saturday, and Christmas fondue on Sunday!  Hope I don't completely counteract everything I've done this week :-)

One other update - Kris suggested with the breakfast shake just eating the almond butter instead of putting it in the shake.  I did this with my final snack shake this afternoon and it did make the shake taste better.  I figured that almond butter doesn't need to be "blended" to absorb into my system.  Plus, I like to eat almond butter with a spoon anyway, so this was a nice snack.  Also, I tried adding a little stevia and 1 T cocoa powder in my snack shake as Robbin had suggested, and it was pretty tasty!  I couldn't really taste the cocoa, but I can tell you that I would totally make that shake over and over even when not on the cleanse, just omitting the almond butter and adding the cocoa and sweetener (or even just omitting the almond butter, because I thought it was pretty good without the sweetener!)

4 comments:

  1. Holy cow, Lady!! I'm not sure I'd have the willpower!!! :) Great job, though!! Miss you guys, we need to get together soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do need to get together. I know December will probably be crazy for everyone, so maybe we should plan something in January. And then of course we'll have to have everyone over in March when we get into our house!

      Delete
  2. I am glad you posted this. Were you hungry while you did this?

    ReplyDelete