Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Cascade Day Trip


A couple weeks ago my parents attended a wedding near Cascade, Idaho. Unfortunately for them, their car broke down as they drove home, about 10 miles south of Cascade. It was late Saturday evening - we couldn't find anyone we knew with a tow dolly or trailer and the rental shops were all closed. My parents were able to get towed back into Cascade, but all the hotels were booked. They ended up borrowing  Beki and Bryce's car (who were also up there for the wedding and could come home with Bryce's family) and drove home to Boise that night.

The problem was their car was now stuck in Cascade. BJ was able to locate a dolly and Matt was happy for the excuse to drive our truck up to Cascade to help out my family (he loves driving, and he especially loves driving the truck!). I couldn't believe that Matt had never been to Cascade (or McCall!), so we decided to make a little day trip out of it. We packed the cooler with drinks and lunches, packed up the kiddos, and headed up, caravaning with my dad and BJ in BJ's Blazer. Once in Cascade, my dad and BJ tried to fix the car by replacing a hose while my family played at the lake and had a picnic.



It was such a lovely day - we wished we had brought swimming suits and maybe a raft to play in the water. Definitely next time!

My dad and BJ replaced the hose in a jiff and then joined us at the lake. Unfortunately, as we went to leave, we realized there was something else wrong with the car. Turns out the water pump cracked, so we ended up towing them home.

We are already talking about going up to the lake again, and I am looking forward to January because I am planning a family trip to go up and see the ice sculptures in McCall :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment