Friday, August 1, 2014

Camp Cornwall 2014

Just as in past years, we ventured to Eastern Idaho for the 4th of July.

Warning: Photo overload. In an attempt to make the post shorter, I've made some photo collages!

Just as in past years, we ventured to Eastern Idaho for the 4th of July. The Cornwall family (Matt's grandparents and their children) sure know how to throw a party!

One of our first activities was extracting honey (Matt's grandpa has bees). Such a neat process! I learned that a bee will only make 1-2 teaspoons of honey in its entire lifetime. Crazy! We were excited to get to bring some fresh honey home and look forward to trying it.

On the 4th of July, we had a flag ceremony followed by the Inkom parade. Kylee got an entire gallon sized ziplock bag f candy. She will probably still have candy left next summer!

After the parade, everyone enjoyed carnival-type games and water activities. Kylee especially loved the giant slip and slide.

Perhaps the highlight of the trip for me was camping. It was Tyler's first time camping, and I was nervous how he would do. He did okay - not good, but not terrible either. We had brought a pack and play, but I was so worried about him getting cold that I didn't end up letting him sleep in it - instead I had him sleep next to me. The only problem was he woke up any time I moved. The second night was better than the first, but still not awesome. Hopefully it will just keep getting better! We're planning another family camping trip here soon, so I guess we'll find out...

One of the highlights for Kylee was shooting a gun for the first time! She thought she was pretty cool! Matt had set up an entire shooting range up at camp, which everyone was able to enjoy the entire time we were there.


A big thanks to everyone who planned/organized the week. Already looking forward to the next reunion! And a happy late Fourth of July from our family to you!


No comments:

Post a Comment