Friday, May 23, 2014

The Snack Basket

I love when someone's tips or ideas work so well for my family. Shortly after Matt and I got married, I blogged about an idea I copied from my friend Sunny about bed time, where Kylee got some "lamp time" followed by "hall light time" to help make bed time easier. 

I decided to copy another idea from Sunny. I thought it was so interesting when I would visit her how her kids had "free reign" of the snacks. Sunny had a section in her storage room with snacks that the kids could access at any time. It worked for her family. I remember thinking how if it were me I would probably just eat tons of snacks all day, but Sunny just said she made sure the snacks were fairly healthy and her kids only got snacks when they really needed a snack.

So, with a daughter who always needs at least two snacks a day (mid-morning and mid-afternoon), I decided to institute the "snack basket".

Our snack basket sits on a low shelf in our pantry and Kylee can get herself a snack when she is hungry. I try to keep it stocked with a variety of snacks. Right now we have applesauce, fruit cups, fruit snacks, different kinds of granola bars, and small ziplock bags of almonds, cheese crackers, and trail mix. Thanks for another great idea Sunny!

No comments:

Post a Comment