Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Routine

I've found Kylee does much better with routine, so I've been trying to establish some routine for her over the last couple months.  Mondays are our most set-in-stone days, and they are my favorite day with Kylee!  Here are the "routine" parts of the day:

  • Wake up any time after 7:00 am.  We put a clock in Kylee's room and taught her about the number "7". Every morning I hear her call from her room, "The clock says seven!  Come look, the clock says seven!"  Pretty cute that she wants to show us.  This has made my life much easier... way better than waking up at 5:30 or 6:00 am (or 3:57 am like her first night at our house when she informed me she had taken "a really long nap").  I like love my sleep :-)
  • On Mondays, Kylee gets to go play during the day at her Grandma Hudson's house.  She LOVES her grandma!  I think she prefers her grandma over anyone else.
  • Another thing that Kylee loves is her gymnastics.  I bought her gymnastics classes for Christmas, and she is always so excited to go.  I've only been able to watch her a couple times, but she is doing great!  She does gymnastics from 6-7 pm while I do bootcamp right next door at my gym.
  • After gymnastics, we always come home and take a bath.  Kylee loves her bath time.  (Do you see a pattern here - Mondays are full of things Kylee loves!)
  • Once bath time is over, we have Family Home Evening, which for now just consists of reading a story out of her Book of Mormon story book.  It's been fun to watch as Kylee remembers parts of some of the stories... 
  • By this time, it's after 8:00 pm, which means it's bedtime (Kylee knows the number "8" for this reason)!  We finish off the evening with brushing teeth, saying prayers, and singing songs.  Every night, after our bedtime routine, Kylee gets 5 minutes of "lamp time" and 5 minutes of "hall light time"... a little thing I picked up from Sunny when I visited her in Rexburg a couple years ago.  Thanks Sunny - this has been SUPER helpful!


1 comment:

  1. You are such a great mom, Kim! Kylee is so much happier now and I'm sure it's due to less stress thanks to the routines.

    ReplyDelete