Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Tyler's First Haircut

A couple months ago, Kylee saw a little boy in church who is a month older than Tyler. She exclaimed, "Mom, that baby doesn't have any hair! Did his mom and dad shave his head?" Haha. She was comparing him to Tyler who was born with a good head of hair... and Tyler's hair just keeps growing!

I think someone told me that Tyler needed a haircut the week we brought him home from the NICU, and several other people have mentioned it since. I didn't want to cut his hair! He just seems so little for a haircut, and besides, I kinda loved his long hair. Finally I agreed that it was starting to look shaggy and decided to bite the bullet. I set up an appointment with Matt's mom to cut Tyler's hair the next day, and then spent the evening looking up videos on YouTube of babies getting their hair cut. You know what I found? Everyone gave tips on how to distract your "baby" from the hair cut - sit your baby down in a chair with his favorite snack, turn on his favorite show, etc. That's great... the only problem is my baby is only five months and can't sit on his own, strictly eats breast milk, and the only tv he has "watched" is on the Food Network and HGTV while I feed him!

We decided to cut Tyler's hair during nap time - Cindy cut Tyler's hair as he slept in my lap. 

I know I'm his mom, but I think Tyler looks quite handsome with his new short hair. He looks so grown up, but then again, I think he's always looked older than he really is.

2 comments:

  1. He looks so handsome! Emery had side wispy curls that I just LOVED and people would always tell me to cut them but I just couldn't! I thought they were cute how they would curl around her face. Plus it made for better pigtails...but that doesn't really apply in your case. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! He's grown so much! I love his beautiful eyes.

    ReplyDelete