Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Memorial Day 2014

We had a lovely Memorial Day weekend! We spent lots of time as a family and with family and friends, so that made it extra special. Here's a recap:

  • We love our new flag and were excited to get the mount installed just in time for the weekend.


  • We finished planting our garden. 


  • We had a lovely dinner with my family (it was fun to have Beki in town!) and then visited my great-grandparents' graves. Funny story #1 - As we pulled up to my parents' house, BJ's Blazer (our old Blazer) was parked out front. Kylee got all excited and said, "There's BJ's limo! I love that limo!" Matt and I got a good chuckle. Limo/Blazer, same difference. Funny story #2 - As we drove into the cemetery, Kylee saw all the small flags scattered all throughout the cemetery. We explained to Kylee that those flags were there for the people who had served in the military. She asked, "Do they just poke the flags in their bodies?" Haha.


  • We capped off the weekend with a hotdog roast Monday evening with some of our friends. We also roasted marshmallows for s'mores, set off fireworks, and tried out the new cornhole game Matt made me for Mother's Day (thanks Matt!). It was so much fun! I can't wait to pull the cornhole game out and play again. I know we'll get lots of use out of it all summer long.

2 comments:

  1. Kylee's comment about the flags in the bodies made me laugh out loud. How funny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, so funny! I still laugh about it whenever I think about it!

      Delete