Friday, June 22, 2012

Mighty Mia Maids

I have always said my favorite church calling is working with the Young Women of the ward.  I had some amazing experiences in the two other wards where I had the privilege to serve in Young Womens, and my current calling is no exception.  I am the 1st Counselor in the Young Womens presidency and serve over the Mia Maids (14-15 year old girls).  We have Sunday lessons and Wednesday evening activities.  There are really only three girls who are always there (so much smaller than the last Young Womens organization I served in!) but they are some pretty special girls.  Hayley, Zoe, and Sarah are always so happy and upbeat and get along really well.  I was just going through my camera today and realized I had some fun pictures of our activities that I should share.

We made these super cute paper bag Young Women camp journals.
We visited Brother Keleher in a care facility.  He passed away this last Wednesday... one week after our visit.
A combined Young Women activity - hiking Tablerock!

No comments:

Post a Comment