Monday, April 9, 2012

YW Keeps Me Busy!

I feel like all I did this last week was work on Young Womens!  Here is an overview of what I did:

I was asked to make an Easter treat for each Young Woman in our ward that the leaders could drop by.  Here's what I came up with.  Well, what I meant to say is here's what I copied off of Pinterest!
Then I was in charge of the joint Young Men/Young Women activity this last Wednesday.  We did a Family Feud game.  I found a bunch of questions online - we had a good mix of fun questions and church questions.  We split the kids into four "families", let them pick family names, and then they faced off two families at a time.  I played the game show host.  I also spent several hours making the treats... 60 cups of popcorn (using my air popper for the first time ever!) and then I made a cinnamon/caramel/chocolate drizzle popcorn (I modified this recipe from Our Best Bites) and a "poppy chow" popcorn (chocolate, peanut butter, and powdered sugar).  It didn't help that I didn't start the popcorn until Tuesday night when I got home from Bunko... close to 10pm!


Finally, I was responsible for teaching the combined YW Easter lesson (complete with handouts and treats of course).  I prepared way too much material, but essentially the first half of the lesson was on the atonement and the second half of the lesson was on the resurrection.

Now, a start of a new week means I've gotta finalize everything for our Wednesday evening class activity (we are making fabric flowers - so I've been surfing Pinterest for tutorials)... this includes figuring out a pattern, buying the necessary supplies, and making a sample to make sure I'll be able to teach it!  I'm leaning toward making this t-shirt fabric flower because I think it's cute.  Fingers crossed I can get this to work!  I look forward to having my newly called advisor back mid-May (she's currently visiting her daughter in Japan)...

No comments:

Post a Comment