Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Really???

One of my Pinterest boards is called "Body by Brandee" and it is where I post anything to do with health or fitness (in honor of my trainer of 2 1/2 years!).  I have found some cool workouts that I've tried out - it's always nice to mix things up a bit!  What cracks me up though is when I come across a pin like this:

Yeah right.  Like doing this set of exercises three times through will make you look like this girl.  If I did this 100 times through, I still wouldn't even come close. My workouts are WAY more strenuous than this (i.e. we've done 8 minutes of wall sits at a time without a break, sometimes holding a medicine ball over our heads!) and I definitely don't have a body like hers.  I know my diet can always improve, but even then, I'm not convinced!

2 comments:

  1. I'm not a fan of all the 3/4-naked women all over pinterest that are supposed to "inspire" us to lose weight with their jumping jacks and photoshopped curves. I think it takes away from the focus to be healthy and puts an unhealthy (and often unrealistic!) focus on body image. If your ribs ever start poking out like that girls we'll have to have an intervention. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, my ribs will never poke out like that! No matter how much I work out, I think I'll always have a nice roll of fat over them! And I agree - people think that skinny = healthy and that's not always the case!

    ReplyDelete