Tuesday, October 15, 2013

A Piece of My Heart

It's always sad on the days Kylee goes back to her mom's house.  She's been gone for five minutes and I'm already missing her like crazy.  I know it isn't easy for her going back and forth, and it probably will never be.  But I don't think it will ever be easy for me and Matt either.

Kylee has a pretty good internal clock.  She typically wakes up between 6:45 and 7:00 each morning.  She knows that I like to sleep until 7:00 (even though I should probably be getting up by 6:30 to make it to work on time!), and we've had a rule for quite some time that she needs to stay in bed until her clock says 7.  Well lately, Kylee's been getting out of her bed when she wakes up, bringing a blanket, her pillow pet, and her pet cow and laying down on the floor just outside my bedroom door.  She will just wait there for me until I get up to come get her and help her get ready for the day.  I think it's a little precious.  Except for the one time I didn't see her and almost tripped over her!  Regardless, this sight makes me smile.

I've posted before about Kylee missing Jesus.  This isn't an uncommon thing for her to say.  The other day we were driving past a cemetery, and she told me that's where old people go.  We talked about when you die, that you are buried at the cemetery, but that we will get to live with Heavenly Father.  Kylee told me how she couldn't wait until she could live with Heavenly Father again (to which I responded that better not happen anytime soon!)... but a couple minutes later she started crying big crocodile tears.  I asked what was wrong and she said she was really going to miss her animals when she went to live with Heavenly Father.  I asked what animals she was talking about, to which she responded her Twilight Sparkle and her other stuffed animals.  Oh my.  I didn't tell her she probably wouldn't even care about her animals in a couple years, let alone when she dies :-)  I told her I'm sure everything would be okay and that heaven is a happy place, and then we changed the subject!  Tonight Kylee told me that she loves the church and she wishes we could live at the church or that at least it was right next door to us.  I think that's a pretty good sign that she feels happy at church and feels the spirit!

One final thought before I close this post (and start another one!).  Kylee is super independent.  She loves playing in her playroom. By herself.  Or watching Netflix on the iPad. By herself.  If we go into the room to hang out with her, she will ask, "Can I be alone?"  Funny girl.

One of her favorite places to watch Netflix is in the sitting room behind the chair.  I know she is in there when I see the glow of the lamp spilling into the hallway (she never turns on the overhead light).  That and the sound of My Little Ponies coming from the unseen corner of the room!  Kylee also likes to just go into the sitting room and "read".  The funny thing is we don't have any kid books in that room.  In fact, most of the books in the sitting room are church books.  Kylee always picks the same couple books to "read".  I sure love her.

1 comment: