Sunday, October 6, 2013

Crafting

I really enjoy crafting and was excited to have a dedicated craft room in our new house.  The only problem is that I have hardly spent any time in my craft room since we moved.  I blame that on a couple things.

1)  I have been busy.  Or sick.  Or both.  I got pregnant just shortly after moving in and didn't feel like doing anything (besides laying around) for months.  If I had tried to craft at all, I wouldn't have enjoyed it.  I also studied for (and passed!) my project management certification exam.  That was no small feat.  And finally, since I've been feeling better, I've been focused a little more on this coming baby... like scouring Craigslist for a dresser, painting a small end table white to match the room I pictured in my head, etc.  Oh, and I decided to get my personal training certification.  It's an idea I've been toying with for the last year or so and decided to just do it.  We plan on turning part of the 4th bay of our garage into a home gym and I would love to take on a couple clients after I have this baby and get back in shape.  But that means more reading and more studying and another test.  Speaking of the garage, Matt and I finally started epoxying the floor.  We had hoped to do it before we moved in, but they didn't finish the house in time.  Anyway, we finished two of the four bays this week and it looks great!

2)  My craft room is rather uninspiring right now.  It wasn't top on my list for setting up and decorating since the room isn't one of the main living areas.  The rooms people would see took my attention first.  Which, by the way, I've decided most of my house doesn't feel very homey.  I'm going to work on fixing that.  But back to my craft room - who wants to craft in an uninspiring space??

Needless to say, I've got some work to do.  I do have a bit of a vision in my head of what it can look like, though.  I've looked through plenty of photos on Pinterest, but I also have a great example in my friend Mandy!  I went to her house a couple weeks ago to make cards.  It's always fun to get together with her to craft.  Here are a couple pictures of her craft room (which happens to be a converted garage bay).


Looks like I've got a lot of work to do... maybe I should get off the computer and get going :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment