Saturday, October 5, 2013

Two-Thirds of the Way to Baby

I'm officially in my 3rd trimester - wahoo!  Less than three months until Baby Hudson will be joining our family, and we can't wait. 

Once again, not too many changes since last time I posted... 
  • I'm still sick almost every morning and I'm still covered in acne.  Yuck.  Hopefully just three months (or less!) of this left.  I think the acne bothers me more than the sick part.  It makes me totally self-conscious.
  • I had my glucose test and my blood work came back normal - hooray!  So glad to hear that I don't have to worry about gestational diabetes.  Several people had told me how awful the glucose test was, but I didn't mind it at all!  I thought the drink tasted like orange soda. Sure, it was sweet, but I don't mind sweet, and was able to drink the entire bottle in like a minute.  No problem. :-)
  • At my doctor's appointment this week, my doctor told me that my weight gain and measurements were perfect.  I'll take that!
  • I don't have any swelling in my legs or ankles, although I think my legs look fatter.  I guess that could be due to my weight gain during this pregnancy.  I have noticed my fingers look gigantic and when I tried to take my ring off a couple nights ago it was completely stuck.  Maybe I'll try again this weekend.  I've also started to get a little tingling in my fingers every once in a while, mostly when I'm laying down.  Probably because they are so fat...
  • I sure wish our baby moved more.  I've had several people say how at some point I will wish him to be still... but I don't know about that. I don't feel like he is super active, but I don't like when I don't feel him move. The movement reassures me.  The doctor told me if I get worried to do a "kick count" - lay on my left side and I should feel five movements in an hour.  I haven't gotten to that point yet, thank goodness!  One cool thing is I was actually able to see my belly move one night last week when the baby moved!
Beyond that, I'm still trying to work out with Brandee as much as possible.  I'm hoping if I continue to work out throughout my pregnancy that the baby will be healthier and that I will have an easier time getting back to a "normal" size after the baby is born.  On that note, Mandy and I walked a 5k a couple weeks ago - the Celebrate Women's Fitness race organized by my friend Tonya Cutler.  We came in second in the walking group with a time just under 45 minutes (a little different than what the results say, but all but one person who finished in front of us ran at least part of the race).  Here are a couple pictures - the second is of the number wrapped around my belly!


And along those same lines, I got new running shoes this week - aren't they so cute!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment