Sunday, July 8, 2012

"I Miss Jesus"

Matt and I are always trying to teach Kylee (as we should, right!?).  One thing we regularly try to talk to her about is her Heavenly Father and Jesus.  Each Sunday after church we talk to her about what she learned in primary.  We have Family Home Evening every Monday night where we read scripture stories. And every single night, before Kylee goes to bed, we kneel together as a family and say prayers.

I know what we are teaching her and what she is learning at church is starting to sink in.  And that makes me happy.  One of the sweetest things I hear come out of Kylee's mouth (besides the fact that she has consistently started calling me mom/mommy!) is when she says, "I love Jesus" or "I miss Jesus."  I think it is so cute when she literally gets a little teary eyed as she talks about how she misses Jesus and we remind her that one day we will get to live with him again.

Recently, when Kylee said she was scared to have her lights off when it was time for bed (this is new... not sure where this comes from?) we talked to her about how she can say a prayer to Heavenly Father to help her to not be so scared.  She was so excited the next morning when she told me how her prayer had worked - that she wasn't scared after she said her prayer... and there have been a couple times since then that she has told me that she said "lots of prayers" so she wasn't scared.  We have talked to her about how Heavenly Father and Jesus are in heaven and can watch over all of us, and Kylee periodically out of the blue will say how Jesus lives in the sky.

I am proud of my little girl and love watching her learn and grow.  I am excited to watch her continue to grow in her testimony and knowledge of what is good and true.

2 comments:

  1. I love this. This is soooo sweet. I love that little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweetie! You are a great mom, we're flying to Boise July 31st and staying for almost 2 weeks (then we'll go to Pocatello) and I can't wait to see you guys!

    ReplyDelete