Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Being a Mom

I sure love being a mom. I know I have said this many times, but I feel so lucky that Kylee is my daughter. I got to spend some extra time with Kylee these last few days, as I had a four day weekend, and we had Kylee extra for the holiday.  It was such a treat.  I wanted to take advantage of every minute with her.

We got our nails done before Jen's wedding.

 Kylee and Matt got much needed haircuts.  Thanks Grandma!

We went to Build-a-Bear and Kylee got Twilight Sparkle.  She used $20 of her own money that she has been saving up.  Funny story... Before we went to Build-a-Bear, Kylee would get excited telling us she was going to "waste" her money on a Build-a-Bear :-)  She doesn't quite know the difference between "waste" and "spend".  Twilight Sparkle hasn't left Kylee's side since we left the store.


We did a craft project in preparation for Kylee's little brother.  We made some cute closet organizers, inspired by this post.


We also went to lunch with my family for my mom's birthday, went shopping, went on several walks, played at the park, had dinner with Matt's family with Michelle in town, and more.

One of my highlights from the weekend was that Kylee gave a talk in church.  She did such a great job!  Her talk was about how Heavenly Father hears and answers her prayers.  We worked on writing the talk together, and after just a few times of practicing (and some cheesy picture hints) she was able to say the entire thing almost all by herself!  After church, Kylee said that she was a little scared to give her talk, but then she felt Heavenly Father's arms around her and she was okay.  I was definitely a proud mama.

One more sweet moment from church... The music leader asked all the kids to close their eyes and think of a place that feels like heaven.  Then she asked the kids to open their eyes and share what place they thought of.  Kylee's answer was the temple.  We had just been to the temple the day before for Jen's wedding, so I'm sure the temple was on her mind, but hearing this made me so happy that she recognized Heavenly Father's spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment