Sunday, September 15, 2013

Pregnancy Update {24.5 Weeks}

The biggest excitement since the last update I posted is that Matt felt the baby kick last Monday night!  I think I was more excited than Matt that he was able to feel the kick :-)  It was around 2:15 in the morning and I had just gotten up to go to the bathroom, and when I laid back down on my left side, I got kicked over and over again.  It was harder than it usually is.  I think I was squishing his little legs.  Anyway, I called Matt into the room (darn night schedule!) and placed his hand under my side and he felt our baby kick a couple times.  Hooray!  I still don't feel a lot of movement on any given day, but I am grateful for the little moments when our little one says hello with a kick or jab because it helps me feel like he is doing okay in there.

In other news, I bought a diaper bag!  I know I had said I was done shopping for now, but when Brandee told me about a Petunia Pickle Bottom diaper bag that was on sale half price at Nordstrom, I couldn't pass it up.  It came in the mail on Friday and I love it!  Of course, it's empty for now, but from what I've read, people love the bag and I'm sure I will too!  I like that it looks like a purse, but it can also convert to a backpack if that's easier.
One last baby update - I'm starting to think a little more about the nursery!  I decided to have a friend reupholster the cushions on my rocking chair to match my nursery color scheme instead of buying a new chair for that room. I went with a bold/busy print because I figured it was a smaller surface and would be a fun "pop".


And I'm thinking about ordering this rug:

That seems like a lot of patterns, but I think if everything else is pretty solid (curtains, sheets, dresser, etc), it will all come together.  At least I hope so.  Either way, I'm going to wait to order the rug until I can get the crib set up in the room to see what it might look like.

I also just refinished the oak night stand that we had in the guest bedroom... just sanded it down and painted it white.  I'm also planning on refinishing the lamp that I had in there... stay tuned for some pictures! Matt says I'm nesting.  I think it's just planning and being excited to put a nursery together.  I haven't had any big urges to clean or anything like that :-)

2 comments:

  1. I love your choice of nursery colors and I love that you bought that diaper bag, not only is it cute to look at, it's so durable, way past one baby. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute bag! And i love the patterns!

    ReplyDelete