Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Prayer at Freezeout Hill Memorial

Sunday evening instead of going for a family walk, we decided to take a drive to Emmett, where we hung out at Freezeout Hill Memorial.  It was a gorgeous evening, overlooking the beautiful valley, and Kylee had lots of fun climbing around the rocks and walking down the trail nearby.
After playing around for a while, Kylee noticed there were names on the bricks around the flag, and a plaque at the base of the flag.  She asked me what the plaque said... After I read it, Matt and I explained to Kylee that there are men and women who have fought to protect us and our country, and that some of them have died while trying to protect us.  A minute or two later, I looked over and saw Kylee kneeling on a rock in prayer.
When she got up, she asked us, "Did you see me praying?"  When we told her yes, she went on, "I was saying a prayer for the people that protect us, that they will be safe."
Matt and I were such proud parents at that moment, having been taught once again by our sweet four-year-old daughter.  We are so blessed to have Kylee in our lives and thank our Father for her daily.  We are also grateful for those men and women who serve and have served in the armed forces - we are thankful for their service and sacrifice.

No comments:

Post a Comment