Sunday, August 25, 2013

Pregnancy Update {21.5 Weeks}

I already posted the exciting news from this week, but thought I'd post a few more updates, along with my very first belly pic!  Here I am at 21 1/2 weeks along, feeling big and knowing I'll be getting a lot bigger!  
Let's see, where to start...

Nausea: While I've still been throwing up several mornings a week, the nausea is no longer lasting all day.  I am definitely feeling better, and look forward to when the nausea is completely gone!  Since I've been feeling better, I've even started making dinner again (maybe only once or twice a week, but hey, that's an improvement!).

Cravings:  I don't feel like I've had cravings at all this entire pregnancy, but the good news is that most days I feel like eating more than just mashed potatoes!  I do miss my daily sandwiches at lunch, so have been splurging (more often than I care to admit) on expensive Deli George sandwiches, where I was told they don't use lunch meat, but use "real" carved meat instead.  The Pilgrim's Pride is my favorite - turkey, cranberries, lettuce, and mayo.... mmmmmmm.

Clothing:  I broke down this week and bought a pair of maternity jeans.  I had been trying to still wear my regular jeans with a belly band to keep them up, but I decided with four months still to go, and with fall approaching, I wanted a pair of jeans where I wouldn't need to worry about them falling down every 5 seconds.  So now my limited wardrobe consists of four pair of pants, four skirts, and two dresses.  Not a lot of variety, but oh well!  At least I'll feel comfortable.

Sleeping:  I'm still sleeping pretty well, besides waking up 2-4 times in the night to go to the bathroom.  I am trying to sleep on my side, but often times my back is still where I end up (which my doctor said was okay as long as I felt okay).

Movement:  I have finally been able to feel the baby kick!  It's just really been the last week or so, and it's getting more frequent.  At first it was only a tiny little feeling every few days, but I feel like yesterday and today I've felt him quite a bit more, so that makes me happy.  It's a little reassuring being able to feel that movement.  I had Matt put his hand on my belly to see if he could feel anything from the outside... not yet, but I'm sure it won't be long!

And here's my favorite Kylee quote of the day:
"Mom, when you're not pregnant any more, you should be a cheerleader."

3 comments:

  1. Kim you look GREAT! Your belly is so cute and I'm loving that skirt!I've never been a back sleeper until I got pregnant and then no matter how hard I tried I still ended up on my back. Pregnancy=craziness. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO fun! That is exciting it is a boy! We love little boys =) They are so fun and adventurous! You look great =) Also don't you just love feeling the baby move? I love that so much! It is awesome! Hopefully the sickness passes super soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and I have to tell you that Alvin absolutely loves those little puppets you gave him. I think they are some of his favorite toys. If he sees one lying on the ground he will crawl straight to it and grab it and start sucking his thumb!

    ReplyDelete