Sunday, August 4, 2013

The BOB!

I've been doing quite a bit of research on baby related items. I posted a couple weeks ago about my car seat purchase, and today's post is about my stroller!  Meet the BOB Revolution - I have been told that this will be my Best. Purchase. EVER.
I had wanted a good every day stroller, but I had also been intrigued by the jogger strollers (I have visions of jogging with the baby... not sure if that will really happen or not, but I wanted the option!).  I also decided it would be nice to have a stroller that would snap in the carseat.  So after much research and recommendations from friends, I settled on the BOB Revolution.  The problem is they are close to $400 brand new.  Ugh.  So probably 5 weeks ago, I started checking craigslist for a BOB in good condition.  I rarely saw one out there, and when I was lucky enough to see one posted, it was snapped up in like 5 seconds.  Finally a week or two ago I posted a "wanted" ad in craigslist, and I was lucky enough yesterday to be contacted by someone willing to sell to me!  The stroller is in excellent condition - very clean, no fading or tears... score!  When Matt first saw it he asked if I bought a brand new one!

So at this point I'm set with the big items - a crib (we have Kylee's old crib), a car seat, and a stroller.  Oh, and I also bought a baby monitor on amazon this week because it was like half off, and who can pass up a deal like that?  But I think I'm done shopping for now.  In a couple weeks we'll get to find out the gender of the baby and that will help me figure out what I want to register for :-)

And finally, for an update on me and baby.  I am bummed to say that at 18 1/2 weeks I've still been sick!  I am definitely better than I was earlier in the pregnancy, but I'm still throwing up several times a week even with the medication.  My acne is still prevalent, and add to that heart burn and constipation.  Oh lovely!  As rotten as I've felt at times, I know it is worth every second.  I know a little miracle is growing inside me.  I love reading about what's happening inside my body each week, and talking with Matt and Kylee about our growing family. I also love that Kylee incorporates the baby into many of her pictures... either drawing the baby or drawing our house and adding an extra window for "the baby's room".  This morning she came and gave me a hug, and then gave me a second hug and told me she was hugging the baby.  So sweet.  

I have my next doctor's appointment tomorrow and am anxious to hear the heartbeat.  I haven't been able to feel the baby yet.  I have read that a lot of times first time moms don't feel the baby very early because they dismiss any movement as air bubbles or gas.  Well, I can tell you, I haven't dismissed a single feeling!  I keep waiting and waiting to see if I can feel the baby and I am thinking the baby just hasn't been very active, because I'm certain I would feel it if it was kicking!


No comments:

Post a Comment