Tuesday, March 13, 2012

What I Didn't Eat Today

The 2012 Biggest Loser competition started at Fitness 19 last night... so that means for the next 12 weeks I need to be strict about my diet and exercise.  I have a goal that I think is pretty obtainable if I put my mind toward it and really work toward it.

The good thing is, since June (when last year's competition ended), I have maintained my weight (for the most part) within just a couple pounds.  Except for the last couple weeks when I accidentally started eating lots of extra sweets knowing I would be limited for the next 12 weeks.

One thing that's different this year as compared to last year is that there is a big team component.  Each week, in addition to individual weigh-ins, calculations of % weight lost, and food journals, there is a new "team" challenge.  I don't know the specific penalties if people don't follow the challenge, but it's something along the lines of we "gain" a pound if we lose the weekly challenge.

Anyone who knows me knows that I'm a little pretty competitive, so the team aspect of the challenge is really good for me.  Not only do I want to reach my own goals, but I don't want to let my team down.  Well, I don't want them to let me down... I know that I will do what I need to do to "win" the challenge.

So I thought I would post our weekly challenge, in case any one of my three readers would like to play along :-)

Week 1 Challenge:
No sugar
No white food (bread, rice, potatoes, etc.)
No carbs after 6 pm


As a point of clarification, fruit is okay and isn't considered sugar or carbs.

With that in mind, here's a picture of what I didn't eat at lunch today.  We had a special luncheon at work today honoring years of service to Boise State.  I could only eat about half my meal... didn't touch the dessert or the mashed potatoes (even though I really wanted to)!

2 comments:

  1. Way to go...I've been a huge sugaraholic lately so the thought of doing this makes me want to cry. :) did you convince Matt to do it with you?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Matt said he would do the biggest loser with me, but he's definitely not doing the no sugar this week! Guess we'll see :-)

    ReplyDelete