Saturday, March 24, 2012

Opryland

I spent five days this last week in Nashville, Tennessee for my annual PeopleSoft Higher Education Users Group conference.  Well, specifically I spent five days in the Gaylord Opryland hotel.  I stayed in this same hotel six years ago for the same conference, and let me tell you, it is the biggest hotel I've ever stayed in.  It's like four hotels plus a convention center in one.  No joke.  I'm talking a hotel with a dozen different places to eat, shops, waterfalls, a spa, etc. inside the hotel.  You can literally get lost in the place.  Thank goodness I received a map of the hotel when I checked in.  I carried it with me at all times :-)

Here are a few more shots of inside the hotel...
Cool glass sculpture in the hotel lobby
Inside the hotel at night...
Don't be fooled - it's all inside
Probably the highlight of my trip (besides the sessions of course!) was the vendor reception I attended Monday evening at the Grand Ole Opry!  Maybe partly because I actually left the hotel for a couple hours :-) We even got to walk around back stage and see all the dressing rooms, etc.  Very cool!  Now if only i had actually attended a show while I was there... next time!

Camille and Me - heading into the Grand Ole Opry
Eating a fried pickle!

Camille, Dwight, Me - standing at the guitar bar!
A look into one of the dressing rooms

No comments:

Post a Comment