Monday, March 5, 2012

Happy 30th Jen!

I met Jen on Sunday, March 9th, 2008.  I remember the day vividly.  It was my first Sunday back in the Singles Ward... and I was scared to death.  Who would I sit with?  Who would I talk to?  How was I going to make friends with other single people?  Would people judge me for being divorced? I remember wanting to walk out of the buliding the second I arrived.  My heart was racing and my palms were sweaty.  You would think it was my first time stepping into a church building.  Or that I was going to an important interview.  Or something much more than just my weekly routine of attending sacrament meeting.

I only stayed for sacrament meeting because I was heading out that afternoon for a conference for work... but that was long enough for the Relief Society President of the time (Jen!) to introduce herself to me.  I didn't know it that day, but Jen and I would quickly become friends.  And not just friends, but close friends.  One of my best friends.  I can't believe we've known each other for four years now!  Over these past four years, Jen has been my traveling buddy, concert partner, relationship confidant, and much, much more.  She helped me make some tough life transitions.  She has been a "consistent" friend and has been there for me through my ups and downs.  I truly consider myself blessed to have Jen in my life and look forward to many more years of friendship!

Andrea and me at Goodwood - check out the gigantic menus!
Well, yesterday was Jen's 30th birthday!  I thought of several different "options" for how we might celebrate (sorry Jen - the plans we made a couple years ago to go to Italy didn't pan out... you can blame Matt!).  I finally decided on dinner with friends at Goodwood (one of Jen's favorite restaurants), pinterest desserts (in case you didn't know, we both love pinterest!), followed by a movie at Jared's house (Jen loves watching movies, and Jared has the perfect set-up).  Nothing elaborate, pretty low key, but hopefully it is what Jen would have picked if she planned it herself (well, second to that Italy trip of course).  Anyway, happy birthday Jen!  I hope this year is full of happiness and other good things.  Love you!

Thin Mint Truffles

Layered chocolate chip cookie, oreo, brownie dessert

No comments:

Post a Comment