Tuesday, March 20, 2012

SwitchFlops

Have you ever seen Shark Tank?  I really enjoy this show, and have it on my Season Pass Manager on my TiVo.  It makes me wish I could come up with an idea that would be worthy of investment from a shark.  Last year I saw a Shark Tank episode that featured shoes with interchangeable straps.  I just googled it and found the website - it's called Onesole.  I kind of see this as the shoe equivalent of the Miche Bag.  Basically you purchase one sole, and you can switch out the bands to match your outfit.

The Onesole was touted as the perfect shoe for traveling.  I agree.  I'm currently on a business trip in Nashville, and I brought with me five different pairs of shoes.  Now if I had had the Onesole, I would still have had to bring multiple pair of shoes, but it would have reduced this number to three (still need my casual canvas shoes, my tennis shoes for the gym, and then the one pair of dress shoes to wear with my "conference attire").  So basically, I think Onesole is a great idea... but I don't love the shoe itself.

Well, in my hotel in Nashville, I found something similar, but in a style that I do like... Lindsay Phillips!  She has a couple different products - Snap Shoes and SwitchFlops.  At the end of last summer, both pair of my "dressier" black flip flops broke, so I needed to buy something to replace these anyway.  The minute I tried on the SwitchFlops, I knew I loved them - there is memory foam in the shoe and they are sooo comfy (and I knew they would be a relief for my sore feet from all the walking I have been doing in my heels).  I went with the Breanna Wedge Heel and bought a couple different straps that I think will match most of my outfits.

I am excited that I found these, especially at the beginning of sandal season!  I might need to buy a couple more straps to round out my collection, but I've already more than maxed out my budgeted spending money for the month :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment