Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Almost Home

I am sitting in the Denver Airport waiting to board the plane for the final leg of my trip home.  It's been a long day.  I was up early for the final few sessions of my conference, and then had to check out of my hotel by noon.  Once I had checked out, I didn't really have anything I could do (there wasn't really much within walking distance of the hotel), so I had this brilliant idea that I would just head to the airport and just watch a movie on my laptop or do some work while I waited for my flight to leave.

Unfortunately, my plan backfired a bit.  When I was checking in at the kiosk, I got a message that you aren't allowed to check in more than 4 hours before departure.  I still had 6 hours until my flight was scheduled to leave.  So I hung out near the front of the airport for two hours until I could check my bags.  Then another four hours once I passed through security.  Oh, and there was no free wi-fi.  Seriously????  I was happy to see a Redbox in the terminal so I was able to watch a movie I hadn't seen before.  Needless to say, I'm tired and I can't wait to be back in Boise!  I will post about the highlights of my trip tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment