Monday, December 16, 2013

One Month!


I can't believe our sweet baby is already a month old!  This last month has flown by, especially with the fact that Tyler has only been home for one week.  We love having him home.  I love being able to hold him or cuddle him or even feed him or change his diaper without having to drive to the hospital.  I do feel like I'm constantly feeding him though!  We start by breastfeeding.  When he gets too tired to continue to breastfeed, we feed him a bottle of breast milk that has had calories added to help him grow a little faster.  After he finishes the bottle, I have to go pump, followed by cleaning the bottle and breast pump parts.  The whole process takes close to an hour, and with Tyler eating every 2-3 hours, there's not much time in between the end of one feed and the start of another!  Matt has been amazing.  When he's awake, he does all the bottle/pump part cleaning and also does most of the bottle feeding so I don't have to wait to pump.  Matt's night schedule has been quite nice, because he's able to help out when I'm the most tired.

The entire feeding process is paying off though!  Home health weighed him in at 5 pounds 2 ounces this week!  Hooray!  I'm incredibly happy Tyler is doing so well at home.  He still sleeps a lot.  Tyler is a side sleeper - we are pretty impressed at how good he is at rolling himself onto his side!  We're still working on getting him to sleep at night instead of just during the day.  He seems to be getting better at this thank goodness.  He can be quite noisy when he's awake and laying in his cradle while I'm trying to sleep.  He doesn't really cry, more of just fussy noises.  I wish we could have blankets in his cradle with him when he sleeps - he loves being all swaddled up and is completely quiet when he is!

Kylee is loving being a big sister.  She is always saying how cute "baby Tyler" is and thinks he must be the cutest baby ever.



No comments:

Post a Comment