Monday, December 2, 2013

Dear Tyler - [NICU Day 17]

Dear Tyler,

Guess who hit the four pound mark today!  That's right - you did!  I was seriously so excited for you when I got the update from your nurse.  Not only that, but you nipple fed 55% of your intake yesterday.  That's a great number!  Hopefully you can keep this up... if you do I'm sure you'll be home in no time :-)

I spent pretty much all day at the hospital with you.  You did a great job at breastfeeding again - you're really starting to get the hang of it.  I look forward to the day when you can breastfeed your entire meal.  Eating is so much work for you that it typically wears you right out.  This afternoon, though, you stayed awake for an entire hour!  I really needed to go pump some milk for you, but I couldn't bear to put you down while you were awake... it's just so rare to see you with your eyes open!  Needless to say, I decided pumping could wait!  I treasure our time together.

Love,
Mom

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing these daily updates Kim. I have been thinking of you often and praying for you and baby Tyler. You are both so strong and I hope that your sweet boy continues to improve so you can bring him home soon. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa! I am definitely looking forward to bringing him home. I get more and more anxious every day...

      Delete