Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Dear Tyler - [NICU Day 18]

Dear Tyler,

I have a feeling your days are going to start sounding a lot alike... eat and grow, eat and grow.  And if that's what your days are like, then I'm happy!  You gained another ounce yesterday putting you at 4 pounds 1.5 ounces, and because you are eating so well, the doctor decided to increase the amount of milk you drink at each feed from 34 ml to 37 ml.  I'm thinking that because you will be eating more, that your percentage of milk taken by mouth will probably decrease a bit initially... but the extra food will help you get stronger so that you can eat more, so I will just need to be patient!  Also, starting tomorrow you'll get 1 ml of vitamins instead of .5 ml of vitamins - hopefully those vitamins will help you get stronger as well!

You did a great job of breastfeeding twice today - taking in 9 ml one time and 16 ml the other time.  And of course, I enjoyed my cuddle time with you.  I just can't get enough of it.  I love you!

Love,
Mom

2 comments:

  1. These daily leters to your son are most precious. I look forward to reading them each day. I hope it was OK for Ashley to share it with me. One day you can share this with Tyler. It will validate his belief that you are, indeed, a wonderful mom. Sending good thoughts your way.....Lynda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the note! It's definitely okay that Ashley shared and it's fun to know that people are reading and sharing in this journey with us. We welcome all the positive thoughts we can get!

      Delete