Sunday, December 8, 2013

Dear Tyler - [NICU Day 23]

Dear Tyler,

What a great day! My morning started with an email from your nurses letting me know that you took 90% of your food by mouth yesterday and gained .9 ounces, bringing you to 4 pounds 7.5 ounces. Wow! That's awesome!

My morning got even better when I got to the hospital and the doctor told me you might get to go home tomorrow. If not tomorrow then within the next couple days. I don't know exactly what she'll look for before she makes the final decision, but I do know that you need to gain weight today. I'm anxious for you to be weighed here in a few hours! I was seriously so happy at the thought of you coming home that I have to admit I cried a little. I can't wait.

The other thing thing that made my morning so good was seeing your cute little face without a tube up your nose. I loved being able to see your right cheek (which is getting nice and chubby by the way - that's a good thing!).

So in preparation for you coming home, you got your Hepatitis B immunization and you had a hearing test (which you passed!). Tonight you will have a car seat study to make sure you'll be safe in your car seat and can keep your head from flopping around.

The other exciting thing about today is I am "rooming in" with you tonight... which means I will be sleeping in my room at the hospital and you will be in your crib right next to me. It will be some good practice for when you come home - I will wake up when you do and feed you when you're hungry. I will change your diapers and take your temperature throughout the night. I've never been so excited for restless sleep in my life. Let's do this!

Love,
Mom

1 comment:

  1. He looks SO cute! I really hope you got to come home today, Tyler! Your parents and sister are so excited to have you at home. You look darling! Can't wait to meet you in person sometime :). Ethan said, "Is that their new baby???!! He is SOOOO cute!" We all agree. Welcome HOME!

    ReplyDelete