Sunday, July 31, 2016

Melt My Heart

The day we found out I was pregnant with a boy (Tyler), my dad showed up at our house with a Lightning McQueen fishing pole. He was so excited for us, and was already anticipating fishing outings with his grandson.

I have been meaning to set something up for Tyler to go fishing for a while now. Neither Matt nor I have a fishing license, so I wasn't sure how that would work, therefore I kept putting it off. I was doing some reorganizing a couple weeks ago and Tyler saw the fishing pole sitting in the hallway (I hadn't taken the time to put it in the shed). He started carrying his fishing pole around and asked daily to go fishing. Finally, I had him call his grandpa and they made plans to go fishing yesterday morning. It was like Christmas for Tyler - he was SO excited... which isn't surprising - he gets excited about just about everything :-) But I do think he was extra excited about his fishing trip. When my dad knocked on the door, Tyler ran out without a second thought. He didn't care one bit that I was staying behind :-)

Neither Tyler nor my dad caught a fish on their outing, but that didn't stop Tyler from having fun or making a special memory with his grandpa. I'm grateful to a dad who loved his grandson, even before he was born. I'm also thankful that BJ joined them on their fishing outing (he wanted to catch some crawdads) and was able to snap a couple of the most precious pictures ever of Tyler and my dad. They melt my heart! Tyler might not remember this fishing trip when he gets older, but this is something I will always treasure.





No comments:

Post a Comment