Saturday, August 24, 2013

It's a Boy!!!

Ever since we found out I was pregnant, I have been anxious to hit the half way point of my pregnancy, knowing that is when I would have an ultrasound to find out the gender of our little one!  I had several people tell me that they thought I should wait so it could be a "surprise".  Ummm.... like I wasn't surprised this week when the ultrasound tech pointed at the image on the screen and told us it looked like we were having a boy!?!  We were beyond thrilled.  Of course, we would have been happy with a boy or a girl, but Matt had hoped that we would have at least one little boy in our family.  I am sure Matt is already picturing teaching our little boy how to wrestle and shoot and throw a frisbee.

It was extra fun to have Kylee join us for the ultrasound.  She was napping at the beginning of the appointment, but woke up in time to see some of the pictures and hear the heartbeat.  Definitely a special family moment for us.

Now we can start planning!  Time to start thinking about names and how to decorate the nursery!  I was looking through pinterest this morning and found this navy and orange inspiration photo.  I think I love it. Matt's working this morning, but I'm anxious to see what he thinks :-)

One last thing... my dad dropped by on Thursday night.  He wanted to give his grandson his first fishing pole! So cute and sweet!

1 comment:

  1. Soooo I've read and then saved like your last 10 blog posts in my "Saved for Later" folder in Feedly as a reminder to come back and comment on these posts..and I'm just NOW coming back to comment :) Anyway, I totally agree with you on the, "ultrasound is a pretty big surprise already" Plus, the actual birth is surprising and exciting even while KNOWING the sex. Plus, I felt like I could bond more with the baby once I knew the sex...anyway. So excited for you guys! And that's awesome that Kylee was able to be there for the moment too.

    ReplyDelete