Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Looking Chubby

It's been a couple weeks, so I figured I would post again about my pregnancy.  I didn't want to overwhelm my blog with these posts, but I figure this is my journal so I'd better write down what I don't want to forget. I know, I should probably keep a real journal, but I don't so this will have to suffice!

I am at this awkward stage where I'm feeling and looking chubby.  At 16 weeks I've gained 6 pounds, but it looks like I've gained 20.  My mid-section has ballooned, but not in a cute, pregnant, baby bump way.  Just in a looks like I've been eating lots and not exercising kind of way.  I guess I have been eating lots, but I am still working out at least a couple times a week with Brandee!  At this point, I am really looking forward to when I get a more defined bump - the kind where people will look at me and think I look pregnant and not just fat!  Hopefully that will come soon.  I've had a couple people ask if I have been taking pictures of my expanding belly, and the answer is no!  Maybe once I have that baby bump I will take some pictures, but I don't see the need to document this "looking chubby" stage :-)

Speaking of looking chubby, the fact that gaining weight is a positive thing is just still weird for me to get through my head.  I mean, I've worked so hard in past years to work out and eat right and feel like I'm fit, so this just seems odd.  At my second doctor's appointment I had lost a couple pounds (probably because I had been sick), so my doctor commented at my last appointment that it was a good thing that I had gained some weight.  Still weird to think about, but I know that just means the baby is growing, and I'm looking forward to the ultrasound (hopefully in a few weeks) so I can get real confirmation of that growth!  At this point, the baby is about 4 1/2 inches long from head to rump.  Nice job baby!  Keep growing!

On a positive note, I haven't thrown up in over a week, and today I haven't hardly felt sick at all... it has been a good day!  Hoping I'm passing this sickness stage.  And I am still waiting for my skin to clear up.  I was talking to Kylee about how the baby gave me those "red spots" (that have now expanded from just my neck and chest to my shoulders and upper back - yuck!!!) and how I was hoping they would go away soon because I didn't like how they looked.  My sweet girl responded, "Mommy, I think you still look beautiful, even with those red spots."  I sure love that girl.

One final note for today - I bought our first baby item... a car seat!  A couple weeks ago I started researching some of the "bigger" baby items to see what brand/style I thought we should get.  For a car seat, I settled on a Chicco Keyfit 30 Magic.  It has excellent ratings and I got it on sale this last weekend at Babies R Us.  Opening that box made me even more excited for this little growing baby!


2 comments:

  1. Oh the chubby phase...it is awkward isn't it? I remember people looking at my stomach and trying really hard to figure out if I was just gaining weight or pregnant. You could see their wheels turning but most were too polite to ask.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was the same way. It was really hard for me to wrap my brain around "gaining weight is good a good thing" idea. I of course wanted my baby to be healthy and that meant gaining weight, but it's tough to just all of a sudden think - more weight is good! I'm sure you look beautiful! We need to see you guys!

    ReplyDelete